Spice up the classic Chicken Breast with this recipe! Stuffed with Brie and avocado, it’s cheesy, tasteful and sure to become a new family favourite.
Avocados are finally coming back down in price (no second mortgage needed) and we are sooooo ready to start using them again! We thought the perfect way to start off the Avocado season is this “ Chicken Breast filled with Avo and Brie” recipe. It’s served alongside a Potato Rosti and Salsa – delicious!
Avo and Brie Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 x 150G Chicken Breasts
- 100g Brie-sliced (use a knife dipped into warm water)
- ½ Avocado-sliced
- 800g Potatoes (Agria) washed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ Avocado – diced
- 1 stalk Spring Onion – sliced finely
- 1 tsp Chopped fresh Coriander
- 1 Tomato– deseeded and finely diced
- Salt and Pepper
- 25ml Olive Oil
- 10ml Lemon Juice
- I will give you the EASIEST way to make Rosti – prick the potatoes with a fork and microwave on high for 8 – 10 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool completely, then peel and grate.
- Season well then form the grated potatoes into 4 patties. Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat with the olive oil. When the oil is hot, fry the patties for 5 minutes until crispy and golden, then turn and fry the other side. These can then be transferred to the oven for the last five minutes that the chicken breasts are cooking.
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well – season well and make sure this is served at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C on fan bake. Cut a lengthwise slit along each chicken breast to form a pocket. Into each chicken breast pocket place slices of avocado and Brie, season with salt and pepper and then roll the chicken breast over the pocket to make sure that it doesn’t come out in the cooking process.
- Place the chicken breasts onto a lined baking tray and spray with a little baking oil spray. Bake for 20 minutes until the juices run clear. Allow to rest for three minutes before plating.
- Plate the Rosti onto the plate, top with the delicious stuffed chicken breast and serve with the salsa. Finish with a sprig of coriander.