For parents looking to make the school holidays fun – or for someone who is looking for a healthy treat. This chia pudding boasts many more benefits than just it’s taste!
This totally simple but very delicious dessert is a great way to get the little ones helping (and learning!) in the kitchen. Or a quick and easy breakfast idea for someone on the go! It’s vegan-friendly. Gluten Free, Dairy free and packed full of fibre! Best part of it all is the chia seeds. If you havent already heard, They’re rich in antioxidants, Iron and Calcium, and the perfect little thing to keep your little ones and yourself, happy and healthy.
Chia Seed Pudding
- 16 pitted Prunes – Fresh
- 1 litre Coconut cream
- ¾ cup Chia seeds – white or black
- Raw Cacao to garnish – Grated
- Frozen (or Fresh) Raspberries
- Prepare 8 ramekins, thick glasses or other serving bowls by putting 2 pitted prunes into the bottom of each. If this is not for children, you may want to soak the prunes in a shot of Brandy for a couple of hours before dividing into the serving bowls.
- In a thick bottomed pan, very gently heat the coconut cream – do not boil.
- Pour in the chia seeds and stir until they become tender and they start to soak up some of the coconut cream. Mix through thoroughly. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the warm coconut and chia seed mix between the prepared serving bowls/glasses/ramekins by pouring over the prunes.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours – then top with Cacao and Raspberries.