– ideal for kids to make whilst on holidays
If you’re looking for something very easy to make with the children this school holidays, then this will keep them entertained and is a great sugar-free, gluten free and dairy free vegan treat – even the adults will have difficulty restraining themselves from popping a few of these away. Even better, they can be frozen then defrosted when you need them….
- 800g Chopped Dates
- 400g Dried Apricots
- 100g Sliced Almonds ( Optional- ofcourse be aware of any nut allergies
- 100g Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tbsp good quality Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Ground dried Ginger
- 2 x 1tbsp Canola Oil
- Desiccated Coconut to coat
- Place the dates, apricots, first teaspoon of oil, powdered ginger and cocoa powder into a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Either using your hands (get the kids to help) or using a spoon – mix in the almonds and the pumpkin seeds.
- When completely mixed in; dip your fingers into the oil and spread onto your palms (do this often – if possible between every ball rolling exercise), then use a spoon to portion out 45g spoonful’s of Bliss Ball mixture before rolling into perfect little spheres. When all the Bliss Balls have been rolled and look shiny and beautiful, roll them in the desiccated coconut.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more, then serve – great with a coffee, or just as a pick-me-up at any time of the day
Want to see all the latest Heat n’ Eat DINNERin meal creations? Check out the menu